Welcome To Our Website
CORONAVIRUS UPDATE - Mon 24th March 2020
As vets, our jobs have always been about protecting animal health and welfare. We now find ourselves in a position where it also our duty to do everything we can to protect human health, particularly those in our community who are most at risk in this unprecedented situation. Because of this we have reached the decision to stop non-essential work. We will be stopping all routine appointments, allowing us to focus on the animals who need our help the most, whilst limiting movement of individuals and potential spread of COVID-19.
*FROM TODAY WILL BE ASKING ALL CLIENTS TO REMAIN OUTSIDE THE BUILDING
OUR CONSULTS WILL NOW BE TAKING PLACE VIA TELEPHONE CALL.
In some cases you may need to subsequently come to the practice if we feel your pet needs some treatment that we cannot provide over the phone, or to collect medication, which will be done in a ‘no contact’ manner if a visit to the practice is necessary it is ”paramount” you follow the guidelines below.
- On arrival at the surgery, please call us and let us know the nature of your visit. We will ask you for your phone number and how to find you (if you arrive by car, this will be the make, model and colour of your car).
- We will take as much history as possible over the phone, when it is time for your appointment a Team member will come and collect your pet to take them inside to be examined, or bring your prescription to the carpark dependent on the nature of your visit.
- We will ask you to keep 2 meters between you and any of our team members or any other clients.
- We may start to talk to you and examine your pet outside first.
- We will call you during or at the end of the examination, to discuss findings & treatment.
- In exceptional circumstances, if you are allowed inside the practice, please make sure you use the hand sanitisers available when entering and leaving. We will ask you to keep 2 meters between you and any of our team members or any other clients. Look for the markings on the floor to help assess the distance and do not cross them.
- We will ask you to pay by card only and we may even ask you to pay over the phone prior to your visit/collection.
- Local delivery or postage of medications may also be necessary.
Please be prepared for our new way of working - bring your mobile phone with you, and if you are not driving to the surgery, please make sure you are dressed appropriately to wait outside.
IF YOU ARE ILL OR SELF-ISOLATING, YOU SHOULD NOT VISIT THE PRACTICE. CALL US SO WE CAN FIND THE BEST SOLUTION FOR YOUR PET.
Thank you in advance for your patience and understanding as we all try to navigate these difficult times.
WE WILL GET THROUGH THIS TOGETHER.
Welcome to our practice website. This site has been designed to provide you with an insight into our veterinary practice, the team and the services we offer.
Our veterinary practice was opened in 1987 by Gerald Valentine (having moved from his previous surgery in Heywood to the more spacious facilities here in Castleton). He was joined in 1993 by Simon Cogan and, 10 years later by Adam Deavin) Together the partnership offers you over 60 years of veterinary experience with the emphasis on good communication and a caring attitude.
The practice deals with all aspects of small animal veterinary medicine and surgery at a well equipped, convenient site.
We have a large adjacent carpark for free easy parking so feel free to pop in and see us.
- Experienced professional staff
- Dedicated operating theatre
- X-ray and ultrasound facilities
- Dental facilities
- In-house blood testing
- Hygienic and comfortable kennels
- Separate cat ward
- Isolation ward for infectious animals
- Identity microchipping
- Pet passports arranged
- Large adjacent car park
- Stockists of James Wellbeloved pet foods
Our professional team is committed to providing quality care and treatment to your pet who we consider to be a member of your family.
You will also find a comprehensive range of general pet care fact files and useful pet care links that you are free to access whenever you need to.
We hope you enjoy browsing our website.
Your views count
We are always keen to hear your views so please feel free to provide feedback if you have any comments or suggestions concerning our website or the services we offer.