Welcome To Our Website
CORONAVIRUS UPDATE - 7th January 2021
We want to keep you safe. Therefore, at the moment, we are asking you to continue to remain outside and not enter the practice. This means that social distancing can be maintained.
To limit visits, if you are coming to the practice for any reason and you need flea and worm treatment or other medication let us know and we can get this ready for you.
- Please let us know if you have COIVD-19 symptoms and please do not attend the practice if this is the case. Please get in touch via telephone/email for further information. and we can discuss the best options for you.
- Please ensure you have washed your hands, prior to coming to the practice.
- If you do have to enter the practice, it is very important to maintain social distancing and use the hand sanitiser provided. We would request that you please wear a face covering. We will also wear a face covering in order to reduce the risk to you.
Visiting the Practice
- Consultations are by appointment only so please call us first to arrange this.
- On arrival to the car park, please telephone us to say you are here.
- One of the team will come out when it is your turn.
- Please place the pet carrier a few steps away and then step back so that the team member can move forward and pick it up.
- We will use our own leads to bring dogs in so that we do not handle your lead. Small dogs and puppies should be brought in pet carriers if possible.
- The vet will do a full examination of your pet inside the practice
- The vet will then call you to discuss the findings over the phone or via a safe distance in the car park.
- Payments are to be made preferably by card.
Please ensure you have placed an order for pet medications 48 hours before your prescription is due to run out.
- We can post medications to you if requested (chargeable)
- Medication checks still need to be conducted as advised by your Vet. However, these can now be done via a vet telephone consultation. This means that we can ensure that all is okay with your pet, without putting you at risk by coming to the practice.
Welcome to our practice website. This site has been designed to provide you with an insight into our veterinary practice, the team and the services we offer.
Our veterinary practice was opened in 1987 by Gerald Valentine (having moved from his previous surgery in Heywood to the more spacious facilities here in Castleton). He was joined in 1993 by Simon Cogan and, 10 years later by Adam Deavin) Together the partnership offers you over 60 years of veterinary experience with the emphasis on good communication and a caring attitude.
The practice deals with all aspects of small animal veterinary medicine and surgery at a well equipped, convenient site.
We have a large adjacent carpark for free easy parking so feel free to pop in and see us.
- Experienced professional staff
- Dedicated operating theatre
- X-ray and ultrasound facilities
- Dental facilities
- In-house blood testing
- Hygienic and comfortable kennels
- Separate cat ward
- Isolation ward for infectious animals
- Identity microchipping
- Pet passports arranged
- Large adjacent car park
- Stockists of James Wellbeloved pet foods
Our professional team is committed to providing quality care and treatment to your pet who we consider to be a member of your family.
You will also find a comprehensive range of general pet care fact files and useful pet care links that you are free to access whenever you need to.
We hope you enjoy browsing our website.
Your views count
We are always keen to hear your views so please feel free to provide feedback if you have any comments or suggestions concerning our website or the services we offer.